lunedì 6 giugno 2011

does coincidences exist?

I'm  a fatalist, I believe fate decides about our life and everything that happens to
us is just a consequence or a transition to something else.. of course we could change
something, we could try to choose different ways, but at the end, if something
has to happens.. it will happens!

I think that everyone [well, maybe not everyone..] we have met in our life
has influence on us in some way, even the person we have never come in contact..
just seen on the bus, on the underground, or walking down the street, or through
a windows..  yes, I have a romantic vision of life, I know..

that's why when I found out sophie blackall's blog I totally fell in love with it. 
she make the beautiful illusrations you can see up here and on her blog missed
connection.. that's what she says about her blog: messages in a bottles, smoke
signals, letters written in the sand; the modern equivalents are the funny,
sad, beautiful, hopeful, hopeless, poetic posts on Missed Connections website.
every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strenght
of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. their messages have the lifespan of
a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down.


I really love her work and if you live in a big [even not so big..] city you can
understand why lot of people write messages on missed connections websites..
does coincidences exist?

1. thursday, june 3, 2010 . I was the face painter at party today  2, 5. saturday,
september 5, 2009 . hairy bearded swimmer [detail]  3. sunday, april 3, 2011 .
let the water run  4. monday, june 21, 2010 . dark skinned, well spoken lady 
6.
wednesday, september 24, 2009 . help with luggage [detail]  7. monday,
february 14, 2011 . you with the hat [detail] . all framed illustrations by sophie blackall


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento